For any travel dreamers, enthusiasts or scaredy cats, this post is especially for you. I have made a list of some of my favourite travel inspiration quotes.
I’ve been all three of the above categories throughout my life so far.
A Dreamer – Most of my favourite films growing up were set in distant lands and had adventure as a running theme.
An Enthusiast – After all the trips I went on with college and university I craved more travel. Which lead to my first BIG trip and from there I’ve been oh so very enthusiastic to travel much more!
A Scaredy Cat – I’m still a bit of a wimp now when it comes to travel. Travelling alone is something I never thought I’d be able to do but my last three international trips needed me to do just that. A large, busy, and somewhat foreign city is daunting. Luckily my itinerary, company and my excitement in ticking off another country off my travel list is a wonderful distraction.
Hopefully these quotes will inspire you to make some of your own travel plans in the near future. I’ve snuck a few of my own quotes from my travel experiences in there too.
Best Travel Inspiration Quotes
1. “A wise traveller never despises his own country.” – Carlo Goldoni
2. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
3. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
4. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
5. “All you’ve got to do is decide to go and the hardest part is over.” – Tony Wheeler
6. “I have wandered all my life, and I have travelled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.” – Hilaire Belloc
7. “The journey is the destination.” – Dan Eldon
8. “Travel opens your mind as few other things do. It is its own form of hypnotism, and I am forever under its spell.” – Libba Bray
9. “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” – Christopher McCandless
10. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way!” – Penelope Riley
11. “Don´t hesitate or allow yourself to make excuses. Just get out and do it. Just get out and do it. You will be very, very glad that you did.” – Christopher McCandless
12. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
13. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” – Francis Bacon
14. “Let’s go someplace new and see different things. It’ll be fun!” – Emma McKay
15. “Whenever you go on a trip to visit foreign lands or distant places, remember that they are all someone’s home and backyard.” – Vera Nazarian
16. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” – Chinese proverb
17. “I love to travel, but I hate to arrive.” – Albert Einstein
18. “If on returning home, you believe your bedroom is smaller, feels emptier and your familiar bed is calling you. It means you travelled right.” – Emma McKay
19. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta, The Travels of Ibn Battutah
20. “There is no plan and there’s probably going to be a few bad decisions. But heck, it’s going to be an adventure!” – Emma McKay
21. “If you’re lonely, touch someone. Chances are, you’d end up travelling together.” – Jenim Dibie