Searching for ideas to lift your lethargy is probably the most tedious task on the “Help Me I’m Bored” chart you can get. Making a blog post like this, can’t be too far off either! Below you’ll find my list of some easy and fun things to do when you’re uninspired. From one bored person to another, it’s a gift from me to you. If the description below sounds familiar then I’m sure this post of 30 things to do when you are bored at home will help in some way.
So, you’ve spent a few hours scrolling through social media like a zombie. Today is a stay in day, you have no interest going outside. Hair is messy and comfortable clothes are on. Daydream mode keeps getting a hold of you and zoning out is making you tired. Boredom really sucks! The kitchen has helped you discover there isn’t anything tasty to eat and now you’re bored and hungry! Thinking hurts and you’re in one HUGE quandary. You’re pondering on things to do and that’s why you’re reading this blog post. Lucky for you I’ve done all the arduous work and created a list of 30 things to do when you are bored at home. Full of links, videos and pictures, it’s sure to help you have a less boring day!
30 Things To Do When You Are Bored At Home
- Sleep. Have a rest from your brain, let your dreams spoil you for an hour or two.
- Watch Funny Animal Videos. Laughter and cute animals, yes please!
- Do A Spot Of Cleaning. Tackle an area in the house and treat yourself to number 6 afterwards.
- Video Chat A Friend. Remember the days of rushing home to MSN Messenger and video calls.
- Answer Your Q&A Journal. Don’t have one? Buy one [amazon_textlink asin=’0307719774′ text=’here.’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’w0rdpressplug-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’4063bb0e-67ec-11e7-ac68-a5bb94a50489′]
- Netflix. No binge watching, you still want a social life! Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, Orphan Black.
- Find Your Song. Want to know what song was number 1 when you were born.
- Create A Time Capsule. Bury it in the garden or hide it in the attic. Once I made an April Fools capsule!
- Buy Property On Mars. Build an estate for your great, great, great grandchildren!
- Tweet A Celeb. Send a witty or thoughtful tweet to your favourite celeb. Fingers crossed they respond.[bctt tweet=”I read your blog and I’m now cured of BOREDOM! Thank You! ” username=”schedulescape”]
- Invite A Friend Round. Ask them to bring snacks and you can sort out the entertainment.
- Pizza, Pyjama Party. Ask that friend you’ve invited round to also bring pjs!
- Reminisce On Old Times. Look through old photo albums and watch family videos.
- Friend Birthday Shopping. Browse online and find perfect gifts for future birthdays.
- Watch Youtube Travel Videos. Get wanderlust. Here’s three to watch! 1 2 3.
- Send A Postcard/Letter. Let’s not allow handwritten mail to become extinct.
- Plan Your Next Get-Together. Schedule it in and look forward to it.
- Play An Old Game. I remember how on edge we’d be playing Buckaroo, Operation and Pop Up Pirate.
- Retail Therapy. Browse the ‘new in’ pages of your favourite shops. A SALE might be on.
- Don’t Click The Red Button!
- Look At Food Hashtags. Instagram is the place for #foodporn.
- Become An Organ Donor. Super quick to do and you could save lives. Sign up here.
- Make Something. Pinterest is the place for creative ideas. Check out my DIY collection.
- Call A Parent. Ask them something you’ve never asked. Here’s some ideas.
- Exercise. I’ve been enjoying Popsugar Fitness on YouTube. From cardio, dance and boxing they have it all.
- Find Something Productive To Do Online. Read this.
- Take Pen To Paper. Have a doodle session for 20 minutes. See what masterpiece you create.
- Is Your Bed Made? No?! Go and make it then!
- Send A Funny Text Or Picture To Your Contacts. Wait for the responses while you pick your next victim.
- Keep Searching For Things To Do. Click the bold word.
Got any more ideas of ways to beat boredom, please comment below!
Mmmmm Pizza. Mmmmm Cheesy Dough Balls!